her and him

There was a girl and there was a guy.
Why she liked him, I don’t know why.
She was happy, confident and true,
He was angry, selfish and cruel.

She wanted him and only him.
She craved the attention, the image and his lips.
He wanted her and only her,
He craved her body and her kiss.
To him she was three in one;
Sexy, beautiful and cute.
Around him made her mute.

She was the “girl he didn’t know, to the girl he knew all at once.”
She was the “girl he had a connection with and did not want to lose.”

“Hurt is coming your way” is all she heard.
So, she blocked out her friends to avoid the dirt.

Days, weeks had passed.
She woke up from her dream at last.
She was tired of his apologies.
She was done with his lies.
He left her feeling worthless,
She was ready to say goodbye.

But she could not let him go,
She gave him her heart,
She gave him her soul.
But she was tired of feeling empty,
She wanted to be whole.

She was a game to him.
She was a roll of dice.
All he said were just lies.
She wanted something more, that he didn’t adore.
So, he abandoned her, sleepless nights to endure.

She healed her bitterness and her hate, while watching  him deteriorate.

There was a girl and there was a guy.
Why she liked him, I now know why.
She knew he was dangerous, she knew he was deadly.
She wanted the excitement, but she wasn’t ready.

This is my April free choice, but I wrote it awhile ago and posted it in February as a random. However, to make it more clear that it is my April free choice, I have moved the date to April.

My inspiration for this poem was based on a real life experience when I was fifteen-years-old. It involved a guy that I had immense feelings for and believed that his feelings were also reciprocated, however they were not. Well, at least the way I wanted them to be. I wrote this poem on my bed one night before I went to sleep, because my mood was down and I was still lingering and re-living that experience. After writing this poem, it really helped me close that chapter in my life and I was able to move on. When I re-read this poem, I no longer have those attached feelings, however I feel triumphant because I’ve healed.

Gif Link;

Giphy. “We Found Love Rihanna GIF – Find & Share on GIPHY.” GIPHY, GIPHY, 8 Oct. 2014, giphy.com/gifs/rihanna-crazy-scream-odONUZ0KlpTAA.

6 thoughts on “her and him

1. Dear Eunice,
    This poem is beyond great, I am so glad I came across it because it is super relatable. As Ms. Hunniset said, our writing is very similar and I can honestly see myself having to write something like this!
    I love the truth and hurt that is portrayed in each line, and with each line, you were able to add a different perspective or a different way of looking at the state of this relationship. I love the full circle effect and how you brought back the guy and the girl, and how they have both changed since the beginning of the poem. The line where you said, ““Hurt is coming your way” is all she heard. So, she blocked out her friends to avoid the dirt.” was a very meaningful line in which I found a lot of truth: when you love someone that much, you are willing to push everything else aside and only focus on the thing you love. there is, of course, a benefit in that this relationship that makes you content has your full effort, but its downside is that now you have lost a bunch of people in your life for someone who honestly is just going to walk out on you. I know the feeling trust me.
    there is really nothing I would say you could change to make this already great pice better. I think you did an amazing job!
    Can I also just say that your blog aesthetic is so beautiful! I love the black an red theme and a guess I would take on this is that the black colour symbolizes hurt and truth and darkness, whereas the red could symbolize love, hate, and fear. I think it is super cool how the title of my blog is Broken Soul and that is what is in your quote. I can’t wait to read more of your work and find more aways our writing is similar!
    Love, Sarah (:

1. Dear Sarah,

Ahh, thank you so so much for reading my post and taking time to look at my blog! Yes, indeed our writing style is extremely similar and I think that is super neat. The full circle effect was my intention because of how it truly happened in real life and yeah I was really hurting in that period of time. All the things that are in quotation were said by either him or my friends, so I played on their dialect in this poem. I agree with you about how love is truly the sacrifice of oneself and it could either be worth it or regrettable. Concerning my blog aesthetic, YEAH you got the symbolism on point. I originally made my theme black and pink, but I thought the red was more striking and it fit with the symbolism of love and anger. Yeah, actually when I picked that quote and I read how it mentioned “broken soul” I thought of you, as well as I believed it truly reflected who I am as of right now.

Thank you so much again for taking the time to read my post. I read your pieces a lot at the beginning of this semester but never commented because I was shy to. However, now trust me I will comment.

Eunice ✞

2. Dear Eunice!

I’ve said it many times before but I will say it again, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the way you write. Its amazing how each of your pieces feels so personal and so full of emotion. I love how your confident enough to write about and post your real life experiences. This piece really was so full of emotion and vivid imagery. I loved the way you used contrasting ideas to really illustrate an idea, that was so effectively portrayed. I also love how you were able to tell such an emotional story in such short yet super descriptive sentences.

I truly aspire to some day be able to write like you. Your style is so different then mine (I tend to stay away from post about love) but reading yours really does inspire me to branch out and write more regarding that emotion.
    Love,
    Zabu-E

1. Zabu-E,

AHHH!! Thank you so so so much 🙂

I have found that the only way for me to write with passion is to have that sort of real theme. Whether my piece is a real-life experience entirely or a part of an experience and I play on it. Haha, I don’t think it’s confidence that allows me to write about these experiences, but it is more of it feels like a safe haven to write it on this blog than to share out loud. Although, it sounds contradictory because this page is public. For my future posts, I’m trying to refrain from writing about love or broken heart and dive more into different experiences.

I love your writing style too! It’s so delicate when you write.

Thank you again Zabu-E

Eunice ✞

3. My dearest Eunice,
    This poem is genuinely touching. It takes a place of strength to bare your soul to total strangers, and to open up about something so personal. I like this piece because it is very relatable but yet so intricate. There was something very delicate about the writing. From your choice of words, to your formatting. For suggestions, I would have a little bit more rhythm since you had a rhyme scheme going on. Otherwise, this was very well done and I love this, and love you.
    Love,
    Tolu

1. Tolu,

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my poem and I’m grateful that you could relate to this poem on a personal level. Yes, I do agree I should have had a bit more structure and added more rhyming lines.

Thank you again for your feedback and love you too!

Eunice ✞