April 2019

*** In chronological order of what was read first
*** To find out what ratings mean, click on this 

Image result for born to love cursed to feel pdf

Book: Born to Love, Cursed to Feel

Author: Samantha King

Genre: Poetry, Romance

# of pages: 155

Started: April 14, 2019

Finished: April 14, 2019

Rating: 🙂

This month was clearly not the best in terms of the number of books I read; I was truly slacking. I should have read at least a short story or a young adult novel to add to this reading ladder but laziness and workload stopped me. However, I’m glad I read a poetry book to give me inspiration and ease my mind because I didn’t have to think too much.

I picked up this poetry book just before spring break but never read it because frankly, I forgot about it. It was not until April that I became suddenly keen to read it when looking at the cover and the title. Seeing the cover again reminded me why I gravitated towards it in the beginning; the image feels so delicate and the title, “Born to Love, Cursed to Feel” hits me so deeply right into the chest. The reason for that is because the ability to love someone is so natural and it is like if it is so natural and a beautiful expression, why does it hurt so bad. Also, adding to why I gravitated towards this book is that the cover is shady and intriguing, and the title clearly depicts what the book is meant to be. It is a clear portrayal of the content of the book and it definitely goes along with the cover. I believe that not too many people will enjoy these poems simply because the theme of it is love and a breakup; it is very repetitive. Not everyone is going through that stage in life, so that is why for my rating I liked this book and would recommend it only to people who are going through that. So, with that here is one poem that I truly loved:

Retrospect

“I blamed you so long for who I became

It was much easier than facing that I allowed myself to become that”

~ Samantha King, Born to Love, Cursed to Feel