March 2019

*** In chronological order of what was read first
*** To find out what ratings mean, click on this 
Click on the name of the book and it will take you to Goodreads and more information about the book if you are interested in it.

Image result for never let me go book 2005

Book: Never Let Me Go

Author: Kazuo Ishiguro

Genre: Dystopia, Science Fiction, Speculative fiction

# of pages: 263

Started: March 4 2019

Finished: March 28 2019

Average pages read per week: 73 pages per week (3.6 weeks)

Average pages read per day: 11 pages

Rating: 🙃

This month went extremely terrible for me and was a downgrade compared to last month. I didn’t end up reading a lot of books that I intended to read, as well as not reading a good amount of books in general. I’m really disappointed that I read one book this month with only 263 pages that took close to a month to finish. Concerning the book, Never Let Me Go, I found it in the bookshelf of my ELA class and my student teacher told me that this book was amazing and that it really pulled on the heart strings. I ended up liking this book, however it wasn’t my all time favourite book due to the fact that I was able to put down the book very easily. Although I could forget about this book at times, it was not enough to stop reading it midway through. The plot of this story is extremely incredible, due to the characters being dynamic and relatable. However, the plot was rather repetitive. I won’t spoil it, but the theme of this story is dystopian with a hint of a love-triangle. I’ve been told there’s a movie to this book. Overall, this book was “eh it was okay, you could try reading it.” My goal for next month is to improve in the amount of books that I will read in the future. I don’t have a specific genre or book.