2019

PART A: You, the Writer

Judging from who I was before entering this class I believe that I have improved greatly as a writer.  Upon entering, I had a great love for writing short stories and poems. My goal was to indulge in other forms of writing as well and I wrote an anecdote which I’ve never written before. I also wrote a letter about letting go which was for my ex-partner.  I became more confident in my writing and found my own voice and style of writing. My advice to grow as a writer is to write about an experience that one has faced. Doing this is a great benefit because it shows genuinity and it gives passion. Through this passion, the end results are good for the writer, to say the least. This is why in almost every post on this blog either completely is from a previous experience or there is an element from the past. I guess to me, writing on this blog allowed me to share my emotions with the world because I felt more comfortable doing that than to people I personally know. This actually helped me get through the tough times I experienced this semester and previously. When I look at posts I am proud of my journey.

I chose the title, “Her Fragility”, to basically symbolize mine. The genre of this blog is mostly centred on love and a broken heart. At the beginning of the year, my impression of me was that of a girl who is hurting and who has a bad self-image. Other people would advice me to write on happier themes, but I felt writing posts that were happy did not represent me at all and if I did I was being fake. To others, my style of writing was getting very repetitive, but in my life these experiences of heartbreak constantly surrounded me. I realized that I’m not necessarily writing for them, but I’m writing for me so that I improve my mental health. This blog was essentially a diary for me to write about my sadness, close that chapter away and improve my mental health.

I believe that the pieces that I wrote all had a uniforming theme and idea as I mentioned before. My structure of writing as always been a traditional structure which is, beginning, middle and end. I do not really have an idea on my style of writing, but on my about me page, Claire commented that I write lyrically. Concerning my voice of writing, it would be that of passion. I will only write if I have a true passion.

PART B: You, the Blogger

I truly love my blog. It went through a variety of transformation at the beginning of the semester until I settled on how it looks like now. The symbol of this blog is a heart. The theme colour is white, black and red to represent blood. The ink on the main page supports that. My quote, “A broken soul is not the absence of beauty, but a cracked and torn soul reeks of the sweet incense it contains.” by C. JoyBell C. truly is a reflection of my life right now. I now that just because someone is weak in the heart does not mean they are weak at life. Their brokenness is beautiful because it shows humbleness.

My favourite blog besides mine would probably be Sarah’s simply because it was similar to mine. We have also have had conversations about what is the inspiration for our writing and have helped each other through tough times. I would write about romantic love with another individual and she would write about friendship love and self-love. Sarah showed me what I believe is true, that just because someone has a delicate heart does not mean beauty resists to exist in them.

PART C: You, the Student

My ‘aha’ moment would probably be my experience with No Red Ink. I wish I knew what it was sooner because it was so helpful. It taught me things that I never knew before. It taught me when to use a hyphen, what active and passive voices are and simply adjectives, verbs and nouns. I 100% will say that I will continue to use this website in the future. I also enjoyed the nature walks because it gave inspiration. Overall though, the trip to Bow View Manor was my favourite. Talking to the older folks and hearing their advice was lovely.

I’ve improved as a reader because I started to read more books than I did before. I also just recently found the love of reading articles from a variety of genre. My favourite is current event articles.

My next step in improving as a writer will not be so much in the creative aspects but more political writing. So, in the future, I will try to improve on how to write argumentive essays because the career I’m going into will use political writing. However, for just my daily leisure writing creatively is what I would be doing.